Asheville Music School is hiring a piano teacher, specifically one that has training and experience with early childhood education, and is willing to teach in-person lessons. Experience in ensemble leading, with knowledge of multiple instruments, a plus. Music degree required.
I. List of Piano teacher duties:
• Teach private piano lessons & sustain student progress.
• Communicate directly with parents about students’ lessons
• Explain and demonstrate piano performance techniques.
• Prepare students for performances, recital, competitions or assessments.
• Recommend proper music materials and method books to students and parents.
• Keep abreast of developments in piano/ music field by reading current concert report, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional forums & trainings.
II. List of Piano teacher qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in music; preferably music education.
• Demonstrate open and honest communication skills, with students, parents, other teachers, and administration.
• Demonstrate success with private students.
• Demonstrate care and patience to students & courtesy to colleagues
• Cheerful, positive & easy going