Launched as a community business in 1996, Asheville Music School transitioned to 501(c)(3) status in 2012, and is governed by a volunteer board of directors. The school, located on Pack Square in downtown Asheville, is open 7 days a week and lessons can be scheduled any time of the day or evening.
AMS strives to provide a family-friendly, all ages, supportive environment. Our instructors are professional music educators, many of whom also perform at local and regional venues.
AMS core programs include:
- Private music lessons for students of all ages and skill levels in piano, guitar, violin, cello, bass, voice, saxophone, flute, trumpet, drums, percussion, and more.
- Student ensembles that rehearse regularly and perform as part of the Sound Education Outreach program throughout the community.
- Summer Camps for ages 4 – 18 where students learn to play in an ensemble, take field trips, and record songs.
- Group Classes and Workshops with AMS faculty and guest artists.
- A Scholarship program based on need providing financial assistance for music lessons.
- Community outreach, providing music in much needed ways throughout our Western NC community
What People Are Saying
“Our family spends a lot of time at Asheville Music School. With two boys, both in ensembles and taking lessons, there is never a complaint about practicing or getting in the car to head downtown. I credit my children’s instructors for this love of music…”
~Sarah Turner, AMS Parent
“Our family loves Asheville Music School. My children enjoy lessons in a positive, family-friendly environment along with amazing opportunities to serve the larger community by performing in the outreach program.”
~Danise Hauser, AMS Parent