I’m not sure how many know this, but one of the instructors of the Asheville Music School has experienced a house fire this last week. I’m just finding out yesterday myself. Last Saturday morning Delia Lytle’s house burned. The damage is quite bad. Her son Aiden was at home with two younger siblings when an electrical fire broke out. Fortunately, he managed to get everyone out safely. Unfortunately, he had lost quite a few musical instruments and amplifiers. WLOS ran a story here.
Anne Coombs has organized a fundraiser by Give to the Music and The Rock Academy for the family on Friday (next Friday) Feb. 3rd. from 7 to 8pm at Tressa’s. For any and all who can come out. Aiden has in the past been a student of the Rock Academy and if I understand correctly it’s the Saturday morning class that he was in which will be performing.